Are you an electronics enthusiast and want to sell computer parts, PC’s, laptops and tablets? There are a few things that you should be aware of before diving head first into this business. First off, there is a ton of competition in the marketplace due to the internet being so prevalent. The other thing that you’ll need to consider is whether or not your state requires a license for selling these items. Here’s what we have found after doing some research:
The cost of opening up shop can vary from $0 – $10k depending on how much inventory you plan on carrying with you at all times. You will need to take into account insurance rates as well as any licensing fees required by your state. Keep in mind.
1. Where Can You Sell Your PC or Parts?
Do you want to sell your PC, laptop or any hardware device like a graphics card and other components? Well then this is the article for you. In this guide we will show you some of the best places where you can trade in your computer and get money on the spot.
We are assuming that if you have got that far into owning a computer, you most likely want to make some money off it. Well here are the steps you need to follow in order to get money online with your computer hardware.
2. Tips: Selling Used Computers On Trade In Websites
you have an old computer, laptop or other parts that you don’t need anymore and want to get rid of it , then this article is for you. In the article I will discuss the various options available for selling your used PC, laptop or parts.
1. IT Connected
- Sell to a local store: This can be a good first choice as they are always looking for old PCs or laptops that they can refurbish and sell at a cheaper price. You will get an immediate payment from the store but you’ll get less money.
- Sell to a local individual: This is another good choice as it’s not only quick but also you’ll get more money than selling it to a store(on average about 30% more).
- Sell to a local recycling store: This option is similar to the second one as you will get good money for your items and they will also recycle it after buying, thus helping the environment.
In terms of the computer components you can trade-in, SellGPU offer cash for:
- Games Consoles
- Mining Rig
Again, it is effortless; you can find the tablet you’re looking to sell by name, brand, storage size, and any carrier connectivity. You can trade in a tablet with the vendor you choose, and they’ll send you a FREE shipping pack. When they receive your device and verify it is in the condition you stated, they will pay you via direct deposit, PayPal, or check.
- Sell iPhones
- Sell Cell Phones
- Sell Tablets
- Sell iPads
3. Tips: Selling Hardware on eBay / Amazon / Craigslist
- eBay: I would only recommend this option if you don’t mind waiting for months before someone buys your items. The upside of this option is that you’ll get good money for your items(50% more than most other options).
2. Craigslist: You’ll also get good money with this option but beware of scammers as they are quite common on craigslist! You may need to wait a few weeks or months before someone buys your items, but it’s worth it if you’re patient.
3. Amazon: This is a great option for selling your used PC . You can get paid via check, gift card etc. Your items will be listed in the Amazon warehouse and potential buyers can choose from a wide range of products rather than just one item at a time(like eBay).
4. What Should I Do Before I Sell my Computer?
Before selling your computer, there are a few things you can do to ensure that its new owner isn’t up for any unpleasant surprises. To start with, it’s best that you wipe the hard drive completely clean of all files and operating systems as described in the previous section. Once this is done, Windows will not be installed on the machine, and the computer will load up in what’s known as “Recovery Mode.” If you’re selling your computer to a stranger (or even to a friend), it’s unlikely that they’ll know how to access any of the files on the machine, so having them out in the open isn’t very safe.